To apply for tenancy at Highland House Villas, we require that you are screened prior to approval. Please read the following list to make sure your application process is as smooth as possible:
· Have your state-issued photo ID and proof of income ready to submit with your application.
· Each person, 18 or older, who will be living on the property must submit an application. A non-refundable application fee of $42 for each person will be collected at the time of submission
· Applications for a specific unit are processed one at a time on a first-come, first-served basis. If there are multiple applications for a single unit, only the first in line will be charged the application fee.
Ready to get started?
Go to: www.myhomescreen.org
F R E Q E N T L Y A S K E D Q U E S T I O N S
• Why do I need to be screened?
The owners of the property requires that tenants in his/her property are screened before moving in. Screening also gives tenants confidence knowing that people they may be sharing spaces with have been through the same screening process.
• What would cause me to be denied from renting this apartment?
HomeScreen does not accept or deny applications, that decision is left to the property owners. Please discuss the qualifications for the apartment with the property manager before submitting the application. That being said, HomeScreen will recommend an application if the prospective tenants have no violent felony convictions in the past ten years, no civil court judgments or negative landlord reports in the past five years, and if the household gross monthly income is at least three times the rent.
• What additional documentation is required with the application?
Each applicant must submit a copy of his/her Driver’s License (or state issued ID) and proof of income with his/her application. Proof of income is typically your two most recent paycheck stubs. If you are starting a new position, please submit an offer letter. If you are self-employed, please submit two years of tax returns.
• How long doesthe screening process take?
Two to four business days. The landlord will be notified the day you apply, but verifying references typically takes a few days.
• Is my private information stored securely with HomeScreen?
Yes, we ensure your information is safely stored during the application process and properly discarded after your application is complete.